You cannot view any news media without coming across the latest development with the Coronavirus strain. It’s even being touted in political campaigns. What thoughts do these reports prompt? Disbelief? Concern? Fear?
How do you respond to the reports? Are you feeling that it couldn’t possibly be true, or letting your imagination run rampant and barring the door?
I’m not going to weigh into the debate about the accuracy of the reports we are hearing. Instead, I want to share some guidance on how you can support your immune system, because that is the aspect over which you have control in this crazy situation. I recommend you arm yourself against Coronavirus rather than succumb to fear.
Your can address risks in your environment by doing the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, many times in the day
- Clean and disinfect surfaces – doorknobs and light switches are often overlooked
- Avoid touching your face – eyes, nose or mouth
- Practice cough etiquette
- If experiencing symptoms protect others by staying home or wearing a mask
Observation skills are key. Notice the environment around you and what you are feeling in your body.
Your Immune System
Your front line defense is your immune system. You often aren’t aware, but it is on the job every moment of every day. Your best defense in the face of daily threats is to support your immune system for effective function. Here are ways to boost your defenses:
Food – the goal is to keep the body alkalized
- Skip foods/drinks with added sugar which depresses your immune system
- Consume immune boosting foods – chicken broth, garlic and ginger
- Eat lots of greens and non-starchy vegetables
- Pass on the farm-raised fish in favor of wild caught
- Skip the dairy products which raise acidity
- Avoid refined carbs (flour-based foods)
- Avoid alcohol which suppresses immunity
Supplements – because you can’t always get what you need from food
- Supplement Vitamin C (1000mg or more), Vitamin D3 (5000IU), Magnesium (400mg)
- Cod Liver Oil providing Vitamin A & Omega 3s
- Elderberry Syrup which has been shown to block viral attachment in cells
- Zinc Glycinate (30mg) to inhibit viral replication
- Monolauren (600mg) to disrupt biofilms that disguise viruses from your immune system
Listening to the media can stir up fear, which also suppresses your immune system. Rather than wring your hands and wallow in “what ifs,” I encourage you to prepare yourself and your family and arm yourself for Coronavirus. Having a strong immune system is vital for wellness no matter what is threatening from across the ocean. The steps I have outlined above are not extreme, yet they can have significant impact.
And if you are one of the many in our population who suffers from acid reflux, I highly recommend you join my class. The effectiveness of your immune system is dependent on good digestion, and acid reflux is a sign that your digestion is weak if not broken. The good news is it can be fixed when you understand how it is supposed to work and provide the body with the building blocks to correct it.
Take a deep breath and evaluate your situation, then take the steps to prepare. You’ve got this!